Moby Dick! The Musical opens at the new Union Theatre next month, boasting an excellent cast including X-Factor finalists Anton Stephans and Brenda Edwards. Originally produced by Cameron Mackintosh, the musical hasn’t been seen in the UK since 1992.
Described as a saucy cult hit, we caught up with vocal sensation Brenda Edwards, who answered our quickfire questions.
1. Describe Moby Dick! The Musical in 3 words.
Fun filled mayhem
2. Tell us about the character you play?
I actually play 2 characters! The first is Miss Mona Lott whose name says it all really and she plays Esta in the school production of Moby Dick. Esta is a sexually charged and frustrated housewife whose husband has been away at sea for 3 years!
3. Last production you saw at the theatre?
4. What has been your career highlight so far?
There are so many I can’t put my finger on just one I’ve been very fortunate….
5. What are your 3 dressing room must-haves?
Kettle, comfy chair, a fan!
6. What do you normally do on your day off
Catch up with friends and family
7. What profession would you be doing if you weren’t acting?
Accounts Payable Manager
8. Who’s your hero?
9. Who would you most like to work with?
10. Best place for a post-show night cap?
11. Theatre you’d most like to be locked in overnight?
The Dominion - it’s a big beautiful theatre and I enjoyed doing We Will Rock You there!
12. What’s next for you?
More acting and I want to record some more original material for my next album!
Moby Dick! The Musical runs 12th October to 12th November at the new Union Theatre